Tom Hanks may be the highest grossing actor at the box office ever, with his movies pulling in over $8.5 billion worldwide, but this wouldn't count for much if he was an asshole.
Despite the terrific success he's somehow earned a reputation as being one of the nicest guys in Hollywood. "But how?" I hear you cry. Here's 11 times he was a righteous dude:
11. When his Twitter became a New York lost property feed:
10. When this feed reunited a student with her ID:
11. When he papped his wife Rita Wilson on the red carpet:
8. When he helped develop an iPad app to simulate the typewriter experience called Hanx writer:
7. When Nerdist website sent him an actual typewriter to persuade him to give an interview and he mailed this response:
6. When he wanted everyone on the ride home to see his new Emmy:
5. When was overjoyed to go through the scrapbook of an autistic superfan:
4. When he immortalised the phrase "there's a snake in my boot" as the voice of this guy:
3. When his role in 'Apollo 13' and "space geek" status got an asteroid named after him as '12818 Tomhanks':
2. When he took the best selfies ever:
1. When he bought the White House journalists a coffee machine, and then replaced it six years later:
Can you name any more times Hanks blew your mind?
Source: via E!