I have such high hopes and expectations for this game. LEGO Star Wars was a huge part of my childhood and I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels that way. With the next installment of the LEGO Star Wars series coming out in June, we can expect more details and trailers in the coming months. Yesterday we got a brand new game-play trailer for LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens and it looks just as cute and fun as the previous games. Check out the trailer here:
So what did we actually learn from this trailer?
1: New Details We Learned
There wasn't much new content in this trailer per se. We were mostly shown aspects that we had heard of but hadn't yet seen. As for new content, I spotted three things I didn't know:
BB8 will fight: In past LEGO games the person stuck being the droid had no avenue of defense. On top of that, droids were slow as the hills. It seems as though BB8 will change that. He seems to be average speed and we see him bashing LEGO objects.
DLC: The narrator briefly commented at the end about a DLC pack based on Return of the Jedi.
Light-saber Finn: In case you were wondering there seems to be a playable light-saber wielding version of Finn.
2: What We Saw For The First Time
When LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens was announced, I cried with joy... just kidding, kind of. Anyways, the announcement came with some quick details about new features. In the new trailer we actually got to see them in action. Here's what we saw:
- Dog Fights: I'm so glad they've updated flight levels in LEGO Star Wars. That pod-racing level in The Complete Saga made me want to lay down in the middle of a high-way sometimes. These dog fights look simpler and much more fun!
- Blaster Battles: When you're in a blaster battle, you can now duck for cover, which hopefully solves the dying-from-lack-of-lives-do-to-too-many-enemies problem other LEGO games have had.
- Multi-Build: Apparently, the days of mindlessly holding "B" in piles of hopping LEGO's are over. Now we have to make a conscious decision as to what we will build.
3: New Stories We'll See
We knew there would be new canonical stories in this game. Now we know what some of them will be about:
- Han and Chewie and Rathtars, Oh My!: We'll get to see how Han and Chewie actually caught the crazy things!
- The Continuing Adventures Of Poe Dameron: We have to admit, The Force Awakens was lacking Poe. Apparently the game team agree'd because they're giving us more Poe adventures!
- Lor San Tekka, Yes He's A Real Character From The Movie: Lor San Tekka got maybe 5 minutes of screen-time in TFA which made him kind of a mystery. He was close to Leia and held the key to finding Luke. What's his deal? I guess we'll have to play to find out!
This is definitely shaping up to be a LEGO game for the books! There are so many new features and characters in LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens! What part of LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens are you most excited about? Tell us in the comments!