Welcome to the start of my film review series. These are for those who want a spoiler free review but don't have the time to sit through a lengthy critique. Don't forget if you enjoy this and my other articles follow me! My Facebook page will be up shortly.
If you haven't noticed, Batman vs Superman (BVS) came out this past weekend to shall we say, mixed reviews? Ok so it was pretty much ripped the shreds then burned and stomped on. It also gave birth to this beauty...
Ok, so this time I cheated by calling this a less than 60 second review, but that video just gets me every time so the extra 1-minute is worth it. Now for all the slack this film received prior to its release, it's garnered quite a large sum of money. So I will go through the pros and cons of the film followed by a rating and poll afterwards to get your opinion of it.
- Batfleck surprisingly cool.
- Some really great fight sequences.
- An actual reason Superman fights Batman.
- Great story continuation between this film and Man of Steel.
- Great performances from Ben Affleck and Gal Gadot.
- Impressive graphics, especially during the final fight.
- Redundant scenes that made this film unnecessarily long.
- Horrible editing, specifically the cutting in between scenes.
- Lex Luthor thinks he is the Joker.
- Film takes itself very serious.
- More Lois Lane knowing where everything is happening at the perfect time.
Final Score: 6.5/10
Verdict: General audiences will enjoy it. You could spend your money on worse films, COUGH Fantastic 4 COUGH. But it wouldn't be a bad idea to save your money for another summer film coming out.