Welcome to Why Critics Hate Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. So the critics have not liked Batman V Superman and the movie reviews have been pretty bad. Here is what they are saying.
- Zack Snyder's production company is called Cruel and Unusual Films. Anything I say from this point on is probably redundant, but here we are.
- Mostly, I just feel sad for Superman.
- I found myself thinking horrid, unspeakable thoughts during the screening. Thoughts like, 'come back Joel Schumacher, all is forgiven!'
- Their first big-screen pairing is a hot mess, with too many storylines to even figure out how we're supposed to feel
- If Christopher Reeve were alive he'd be suing for character libel.
- When was it decided superhero movies shouldn't be any fun?
- They're like two celebrities having a Twitter fight
- When in doubt, [Snyder] simply slings another ingredient into the mix,
- There's no joy here, no wonder or spectacle, just a relentlessly grim and intense grind that can't stop reminding you how grim and intense it is.
- The director has a knack for constructing cool moments, but consistently fails to tie them together
- RIDDLE me this: how do you put three of the greatest comic book superheroes of all time into one big-budget movie and still make a mess of it?
- Have you ever wondered what it would be like to have your head driven through solid rock and glass and brick walls for two and a half hours
- While it's one thing to take superheroes seriously, it's another to drain all the fun out of them.
- Sinks any chance DC had to compete against Marvel.
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is so occupied with trying to do about a dozen, different things that it forgets to provide a reason for doing any of them.
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice will probably please those who just want to see their comic book heroes come to life in a visually stunning way, but it will frustrate anyone looking for substance.
- While the film's final-act battle delivers better bang than some Marvel movies, Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice too often forgets why we're here in the first place.
- It's like an entire TV season condensed into a chaotic highlight reel
- It is big. It is loud. It is violent. Hell it is a crappy CGI blur
- For the life of me, after two and a half hours, I couldn't tell you why Batman and Superman were fighting.
- In the words of The Joker in a far better Batman movie: "Why so serious?"
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is basically a dumpster fire.
- Batman v Superman seems less like an actual movie than a two-hour, 31-minute sales pitch for the rumored DC Universe sequels yet to come.
- A popcorn film - and this is a popcorn film - should never feel like Sunday night homework.
- To call it a film ridden with plot holes would be a disservice to plot holes.
- Your Moms Name is Martha? My Moms Name is Martha. Were friends now.
- My mother always said if you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all.
What Did You Think About Batman V Superman?