Just about every famous actor comes from somewhere. It's rare to have actors come out of nowhere and suddenly strike it big and be all over the magazines or the big screen. Most likely, there are roles they would rather forget or roles that don't necessarily ring a bell when their name is mentioned.
With this list, we will talk about some of the most forgotten about roles that A-List actors have starred in. These might include 90s Disney movies, famous blockbusters, or average teen comedies. Either way, they are a fun reminder of where they were before they were super famous. And sorry, but we all remember Chris Hemsworth as Capt. Kirk's dad in Star Trek, so that didn't make the cut.
25. Matthew McConaughey - Angels in the Outfield (1994)
Long before he was taking home awards statues, he was a member of the league's worst baseball team. Good thing it didn't last very long.
24. Elijah Wood - Back to the Future Part II (1989)
Before taking the trip to Middle Earth, Frodo himself was trying to figure out a retro game at the Cafe 80s. Good thing those gold suspenders didn't actually come into style in 2015.
23. Elisabeth Moss - Girl, Interrupted (1999)
Mad Men was a long time after she portrayed this heartbreaking burn victim.
22. Ryan Gosling - Remember the Titans (2000)
Hey girl, remember the time he was dancing on the football field? Yeah, neither do most people.
21. Justin Theroux - Romy and Michele's High School Reunion (1997)
Theroux has a lot of semi-forgettable roles, but this one is probably one of the least known.
20. Justin Long - Crossroads (2002)
Yes, that was Justin Long who shared the bed with Britney Spears in this mid-2000s teen movie. I know I forgot all about this one. He also was our nerdy Quest fanatic in Galaxy Quest, but we all remember that.
19. Jake Gyllenhaal - City Slickers (1991)
Can we all just say "aww" at the same time?
18. Natalie Portman - Mars Attacks! (1996)
At least the President's daughter was cool.
17. Eddie Redmayne - The Other Boleyn Girl (2008)
Another instance of a future Oscar-winner starring as a basic supporting character. At least the olde English garb still suited him well.
16. Michael Fassbender - 300 (2007)
If you manage to look past the long hair and the abundance of CGI, you can totally tell it's him.
15. Kristen Stewart - Into the Wild (2007)
Into the Wild was pretty great and received a lot of critical praise, but I bet you totally forgot a 16-year old Kristen Stewart was in it.
14. Seth Rogen - Donnie Darko (2001)
Luckily we were spared from his laughter in this sci-fi mystery.
13. Jason Segel - Can't Hardly Wait (1998)
This Freaks and Geeks alum brought a party favorite to this high school bash years before we ever forgot about Sarah Marshall.
12. Julianne Hough - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001)
Hough isn't the only Dancing with the Stars alum to be an extra in Harry Potter. She starred alongside her brother, Derek Hough, and fellow dancer, Mark Ballas.
11. Alexander Skarsgard - Zoolander (2001)
Who else wants an orange mocha frappuccino?!
10. James Franco - Never Been Kissed (1999)
The then 21-year old Franco was the epitome of "popular kid" in this teen comedy.
9. Vanessa Hudgens - Thirteen (2003)
Thirteen served as Hudgens' first speaking role a number of years before hitting it bit with High School Musical.
8. Ian Somerhalder - Life as a House (2001)
Before he was stealing hearts on The Vampire Diaries, the then 22-year old stole the heart of the hot mom next door.
7. Joe Manganiello - Spider-Man (2002)
Prior to portraying the hottest fireman ever and being an unforgettable werewolf, he was your neighborhood bully, Flash Thompson.
6. Scarlett Johansson - Home Alone 3 (1997)
Johansson was once an adorable child actress prior to becoming a Marvel superheroine. She played the moody older sister well in Home Alone 3. Not to mention she was also Elijah Woods' hopeful adoptive sister in North way back in 1994.
5. Dave Franco - Superbad (2007)
That's right, Dave. People don't forget.
4. John Krasinski - Jarhead (2005)
13 Hours wasn't Krasinski's first time portraying a military service member. He previously starred as a Marine deployed overseas during Operation Desert Shield.
3. Jim Parsons - Garden State (2004)
Prior to regularly nerding out on The Big Bang Theory and winning Emmy awards, he was our favorite Klingon-speaking friend from high school.
2. Zoe Saldana - Crossroads (2002)
Crossroads was just full of up and coming actors. And to think this was just one year before Zoe starred in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.
1. Joaquin Phoenix - Parenthood (1989)
Then known and credited as Leaf Phoenix, he stole our hearts as this quietly struggling teenager who just needed a man around.
Who else shared the screen with Matthew McConaughey in Angels in the Outfield? None other than Oscar-winner Adrien Brody and Joseph Gordon-Levitt.