Captain America II: Death Too Soon
Directed by Ivan Nagy
Written by Wilton Schiller and Patricia Payne
Well, the Captain America TV movie failed to entice executives, but that didn't stop them from making a sequel called Captain America II: Death Too Soon. Is it a substantial improvement over the first or was its death not soon enough?
Although, if you can't be assed listening to the review (which is understandable, given that I tested it on a baby and it didn't work out so well), here's the abridged version;
- The villains are all unconvincing and not-imposing at all.
- The pacing is irritatingly slow.
- The dialogue is even more awkward than last time.
- The soundtrack belongs to a completely different movie.
- The characters act unbelievably stupid.
- The acting has slightly improved.
- The action is more creative and less perfunctory.
PRO CON RATIO = 2:5
Next week, we're going from straight-to-TV to straight-to-VHS with the 1990s Captain America. Damn.
Thanks for reading/listening.