Fond are the memories of the days you spent on the playground trying to “Catch ‘Em All.” Whether it was during recess swapping Pokémon cards or trading via link cable on your Gameboy Color, Pokémon was an treasured part of your childhood. Remember back when Mewtwo reigned king, and 150 seemed a vast number of pocket monsters to populate the fictional world? Life was good.
But, like every great franchise, Pokémon grew. Over the years, Nintendo introduced a steady stream of new faces in each generation of games, and as of 2016, there are 720 pocket monsters to catch.
With a roster that great, there's bound to be a few strange ones. So, buckle up and let's take a look at the Top 10 most bizarre Pokémon created since the original 151!
10. Doublade, the Sword Pokémon!
9. Foongus, the Mushroom Pokémon!
8. Barbaracle, the Hand Pokémon!
7. Trevenant, the Tree Pokémon!
6. Crustle, the Hermit Crab Pokémon!
5. Cofagrigus, the Mummy Pokémon!
4. Vanillish, the Ice Cream Pokémon!
3. Klefki, the Key Ring Pokémon!
2. Garbodor, the Garbage Bag Pokémon!
1. Mega Swampert, the Mud Fish Pokémon!
They may be a bit odd, but I find them strangely charming like a motley crew of adorable misfits. And maybe 569 new pocket monsters isn’t such a bad thing. Pokémon has always been about cuddly and powerful creatures duking it out, so why not get a little creative? I, for one, am looking forward to running through the Elite Four with my team of garbage bags, ice cream cones, and lasagna crabs!
Just kidding, my team is all Zubats.