WARNING: This article does NOT contain spoilers for Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 1 or 2, but it MIGHT contain crucial plot points for events yet to come.
If you're not familiar with the R+L=J fan theory, you can read all about it here. (To sum it up, the idea is that Jon Snow is not actually Ned Stark's bastard, but the son of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen). BUT if you've been a believer all along, then the following fan video will satisfy that desire to watch the theory play out in real life.
YouTuber ccmrose put together this video, mashing up clips from Merlin, Game of Thrones and one episode of Supernatural to tell the story of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. It might not be official, but it will give you so many chills.
Here's the cast list to help you follow along (N.B. Charles Dance is Aerys Targaryen, not Tywin Lannister):
- Sean Bean — Eddard "Ned" Stark
- Kit Harington — Jon Snow
- Katie McGrath — Lyanna Stark
- Bradley James — Rhaegar Targaryen
- Charles Dance — King Aerys Targaryen
- Will Mellor — Young Robert Baratheon
- Nikolaj Coster-Waldau — Jaime Lannister
- Angel Coulby — Elia Martell
Thanks to the magic of video editing, I Promise. [Rhaegar/Lyanna (& Jon Snow)] shows us some of the following crucial plot points we've been missing in a bid to prove R+L=J.
1. Ned Stark looking out for Lyanna
2. The love square between Rhaegar, Lyanna, Robert Baratheon and Elia Martell
3. Rhaegar and Lyanna getting hot 'n' heavy
4. The fight outside the Tower of Joy
5. Lyanna asking Ned to keep her baby and her secret
Great work! Maybe ccmrose will be able to edit this Tyrion theory into reality, too! Can't wait to see more.
Until then, here's the official HBO preview for next week's episode of Game Of Thrones:
What did you think of this fan video for R+L=J?
Source: YouTuber ccmrose