There are a lot of horror fans out there who really know the genre inside and out. However, I can almost guarantee that this quiz should take even the most well versed horror hound to task. I've searched the depths of Hell to bring fans something more than just a kindergarten vocabulary trial. This quiz is a horror fanatic litmus test to sort the ultimate scare knowledge contenders from the know-it-all pretenders.
Let's be fair, anyone can google an answer to one of the following questions. However, your resident terror teacher has accounted for naughtiness and I promise you: Even Google can't help you find all 10 answers. Make sure to completely finish the quiz before finding out your score at the bottom of the article.
Ready? Good! Let's get started.
10. Jason Voorhees's father has never appeared on camera. He was completely removed from one 'Friday the 13th' sequel in order to change the film's ending. What's Jason's father's name?
9. Which member of the original 'Scream' cast was caught by Wes Craven while attempting to sneak into a studio test screening of the film?
8. Which classically trained actor was originally chosen to play Freddy Krueger in 1984's 'A Nightmare on Elm Street'?
7. Which actor was originally approached about playing Seth Gecko in 'Dusk Till Dawn' just a few years before the film was actually made?
6. 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre,' 'Psycho' and 'The Silence of the Lambs' all acquired some inspiration from which infamous serial killer?
5. Which major '90s Hollywood star was the studio's original top choice to play Clarice Starling in 'The Silence of the Lambs'?
4. Which Stephen King character, played by separate actors, appeared in two big-screen '90s adaptations of his novels?
3. Which legendary horror director backed out of 'Return of the Living Dead' just months before cameras started rolling?
2. Where did Sam Raimi and original 'Evil Dead' star Bruce Campbell meet for the first time?
1. Name the American horror novel that (let's say it nicely) "inspired" Alexandre Aja's 2003 shock film 'High Tension'?
That's all for now Horror Hounds, make sure to follow me here for more great horror articles, quizzes and breaking news from the world of the dark and macabre. Don't forget to comment below and tell us how you scored on The Ultimate Horror Hound Quiz.
Answer Key: 10. Elias Voorhees 9. David Arquette 8. David Warner 7. John Travolta 6. Ed Gein 5. Meg Ryan 4. Alan Pangborn 3. John Carpenter 2. In High School 1. Intensity by Dean Koontz. (No Cheating)