Unbelievable news, B (or even Z) list Movie 'Microwave Massacre' is going to be released by Arrow on unsuspected Blu-ray players across the world. Quite frankly if you've never heard of this utterly bonkers movie then your in for.....well something.
Now I happened to grow up in a household that contained a vast amount of VHS tapes from a defunct video rental shop and Microwave Massacre happened to be one of them. Did it warp my fragile young mind.......yes, yes it did.
Now i'd LOVE to tell you that Microwave Massacre is on par with other well known video nasties like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Cannibal Holocaust.......but it isn't.
So what the hell's it about?.......can't you guess?
Here's the plot:
Construction worker Donald is having a hard time getting anything good to eat since his wife May has decided to only cook gourmet foods in their GIANT Microwave oven.
Eventually Donald snaps! and comes home drunk and murders her. After chopping her up and storing her in one of his many fridges, he accidentally ends up eating May one evening and realises he has a taste for human flesh.
With May soon devoured, Donald soon goes on the hunt for his next meal.....
Here's the original Trailer
- Brand new 2K restoration of the original camera negative
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
- Original Mono audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Brand new audio commentary with writer-producer Craig Muckler moderated by Mike Tristano
- Brand new making-of featurette including interviews with Muckler, director Wayne Berwick and actor Loren Schein
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork to be revealed
First pressing only: fully-illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Nightmare USA author Stephen Thrower
You can pre-order the Movie here
I did review this as part of my B-Movie review series, so check it out for more....
WANT MORE HORROR?