The Sinister Six film was set to be released in theaters across the nation on November 11th, 2016. Many, including myself, were very excited to see six of Spider-man's foes team-up against our friendly neighborhood superhero. The movie was originally going to be involved in The Amazing Spider-man universe, before it met its demise by the discontinuation of the trilogy. However, what if The Sinister Six film got released as planned? This article gives my opinionated analysis of what would happen. Enjoy!
The Gentleman and Goblin
The Gentleman, otherwise known as Gustav Fier, can be seen in both The Amazing Spider-man and The Amazing Spider-man 2 essentially "rounding-up" the Sinister Six. I believe that he is sort of the ring leader, who is responsible of getting the group together, while the Green Goblin is the actual leader of the Sinister Six. So, the line of succession would go as followed; the Gentleman, then the Goblin, and then the other members of the Sinister Six.
Members of the Six
Since the viewing audience was given clues at the end of The Amazing Spider-man 2, we can guess who will be involved with the Sinister Six. Here is a breakdown of the villains consisting of the Sinister Six:
1. The Green Goblin: The Goblin is obviously working along side the Gentleman to form the Sinister Six and to stop Spider-man for good! (Bottom Row First Picture Above).
2. The Rhino: In the post-credits scene of The Amazing Spider-man 2, lots of villains are shown, such as Rhino's horn (Bottom Row Last Picture Above).
3. Doctor Octopus: One of Spidey's favorite villains would be back, because his mechanical arms are shown in the post-credits scene (Bottom Row Middle Picture Above).
4. The Vulture: The Vulture's wings were also revealed multiple times in the sequel. It was also hinted that Colm Feore will reprise his role from the sequel and turn into the vulture (Top Row First Picture Above).
5. Kraven: The famous hunter's cat symbol was shown in the post-credit scene (Top Row Middle Picture Above).
6. Mysterio: The Menace Mysterio might show his skills being a part of the post-credit scene too (Top Row Last Picture)
Lizard, the main antagonist of The Amazing Spider-man, declined the Gentleman's offer to fight against Spidey/Peter. Also, I think that the Electro might be gone for good after The Amazing Spider-man 2. It seemed as though he was destroyed, and I just think that the whole movie revolved around him, so we've seen all that he can offer.
Together as One
Now to the plot part of the spin-off film. My thoughts are that most of the movie will be the Gentleman and Goblin gathering the six members together. Then, the majority of the film will consist of them fighting each other, before they become an evil "team". It would be very similar to the film Suicide Squad.
Finally, at the end and climax of the movie, we would see the Sinister Six fight Spider-man. Now, of course, I think that our friendly-neighborhood Spider-man would win this fight. This battle could be one of the best battles in Spider-man's Cinematic Universe ever displayed.
Post Credit Scene
For the ideal post-credit scene, I think there should be the camera zooming into the Sinister Six abandoned hideout. Then on a large, covered pedestal, we would see a tiny black gooey substance, which would be the symbiote, wiggling on the pedestal. Next, it shakes the pedestal so much that it falls over, breaks the glass covering and the symbiote is loose! It suddenly lunges into the camera lens, and the screen goes black.
What do you think would happen in the Sinister Six film? Comment your opinions and predictions below! Be sure to follow my page at Scoop on Spidey!
Check out my other posts about The Amazing Spider-man series: