Red Nose Day occurs in the USA on May 26th, reuniting celebrities worldwide in an effort to raise money for the organization Comic Relief, Inc. They approach this in a comical manner, enticing people to watch and donate as the celebs basically make fun of themselves and others.
It's been around in the UK since 1985, leading to the launch of the first Red Nose Day USA in 2015, which raised more than $23 million with the support of over 100 artists. It's all in good fun! They're raising awareness, laughs, and not to mention, millions of dollars for an important cause. (They get to wear red noses too!)
According to its official website, Comic Relief, Inc. has a vision of "a just world, free from poverty" with a mission to "drive positive change through the power of entertainment."
In line with its vision, Comic Relief, Inc. makes grants to charity partners that support children and young people living in poverty in the US and some of the poorest communities in the world.
Let's take a look at the break down of these 10 funniest moments in this multi-person monologue:
1. "Each Celebrity Says One Sentence Of A Heartfelt Plea...
... Or says nothing, and just looks serious."
2. "But is it pretty impressive there are so many of us? Yeah, it is. Very...
... And that we're facing in the right direction. Oh, sorry, right direction.
That's impressive too!"
3. "Group pleas like this can leave celebrities who are used to being the center of attention, feeling...
4. "Bare our souls as we ask for help, but in the end realizes, embarrassingly, that all they've said is...
... And abreast
... And ar$eholes.
5. It can be hard to understand why some of us...
... Get a ton of screen time and others barely get
6. Or why the camera lingers incomprehensibly on...
... Some of us
7. There has to be an explanation of why a major star sometimes just gets a one-syllable word...
... to say."
8. "While some guy was in a sitcom years ago and died in Jurassic Park of course, gets to go on...
And on... And on..."
9. "Seriously, that's all I got?
10. "You were lucky, Bono just got a serious look."
While this is only a glimpse of the many artists included in this video, others who hogged screen time included Ellen DeGeneres, Emma Watson, Liam Neeson, and Kristen Bell. The ones you may have missed are Trevor Noah, Tyler Perry, Chloë Grace Moretz and Michelle Rodriguez. They may not have caught your attention but...
Has Red Nose Day got you feeling nosy? Take a look at this hilarious musical number from last year by Peter Dinklage from Game of Thrones.
Who Caught You Attention Most In This Promo?
Sources: Comic Relief