The '90s gave us many things — eccentric fashion choices, Leonardo DiCaprio in his early 20s, the Backstreet Boys, Tamagotchis, the Fresh Prince of Bel Air intro theme song, Nintendo 64, the Macarena, a frustrating dial-up internet connection.
As you can already probably tell, the list is endless.
However, we mustn't forget that the '90s also gave us countless classics to ponder over on the big screen, the memory of which has somewhat withered away with the onslaught of the 21st century. So in lieu of this, let's dive into the following 8 movie moments (along with their trailers, of course) that should be promptly unearthed from the lost vortex of the best decade ever:
1. That time Jonathan Rhys Meyers wore glittery latex and a bright blue wig
Movie: Velvet Goldmine (1998)
How could we forget this?
2. That time Charlize Theron was practically in love with a gorilla
Movie: Mighty Joe Young (1998)
Thinking about it now, that was kind of awkward.
3. That time Leonardo DiCaprio pretended to be unrecognizable by shoving all his hair in front of his face
Movie: The Man In The Iron Mask (1998)
Lookin' good Leo!
4. That time Anna Paquin starred in a movie about raising baby geese
Movie: Fly Away Home (1996)
And this was after little Anna won an Oscar for her role in The Piano.
5. That time John Travolta was a sweet, sweet angel
Movie: Michael (1996)
You should rewatch this movie for the above scene alone.
6. That time Robert Downey Jr. played a cheating playboy
Movie: Two Girls And A Guy (1997)
Now, some might even call it Iron Man: The Prequel.
7. That time Denzel Washington paired up with Angelina Jolie to solve a murder
Movie: The Bone Collector (1999)
What a pairing!
8. That time Adrien Brody donned this ultra fashionable hairstyle and tried to do a British accent
Movie: Summer of Sam (1999)