If you go back in time to you circa the mid-2000s, it's highly likely that you would find that Chad Michael Murray was the man of your dreams. With that boyish face, messy hair and introverted temperament, he became one of the sole reasons you probably watched One Tree Hill and forever wished it would return after it came to an end in 2012. And let's not even get me started on his awesome roles in Freaky Friday and A Cinderella Story:
But since he starred as the most talented basketball player in North Carolina, what has the actor been up to? Check out this handy time flies to get up to date with all things Murray.
1. He divorced One Tree Hill co-star Sophia Bush after getting hitched in 2005
The couple separated five months after getting married. Towards the end, Sophia revealed the following of the relationship:
"My mother once said to me if you don’t have anything nice to say, not to say anything at all. At the end of the day, we were just stupid kids that had no business being in a relationship."
2. Chad went on to get engaged to One Tree Hill extra Kenzie Dalton
After seven years, they ended things.
3. These days, he is happily married to Chosen co-star Sarah Roemer
They married in 2015 and welcomed a little boy into the world the same year. Congrats, guys!
4. He starred in a music video with Alicia Keys
Yep, that happened.
5. He's appeared in a hard-hitting movie about drug addition in 2015
A far cry from his previous roles, To Write Love on Her Arms firmly cemented his status as an extraordinary actor and also helped inspire a global movement. Here's an interview about his participation in the project.
6. Although he may longer be our no. 1 heartthrob, he's still gracing our small screens
After One Tree Hill came to an end after nine years in 2012, Chad went on to appear in Chosen, Texas Rising, Scream Queens, Outlaws and Angels and most recently, Agent Carter — and we can only expect further great things from Chad in the future. Watch this space.