Nostalgia never gets old. Find me on Twitter @gen_vanvee
The 45-year-old and fabulously funny Melissa McCarthy is one of the hottest actors in Hollywood at the moment, with just about everything she touches turning into box office gold. Whether you've been a fan of her since her days cooking on Gilmore Girls as the quirky Sookie St. James, or have just discovered her recently, here are 10 fun facts you should know about Melissa McCarthy.
1. The Spy star grew up in a big Irish Catholic family on a farm in Plainfield, Illinois.
2. Melissa was initially really nervous to meet her The Heat co-star Sandra Bullock, and couldn't stop saying both her first and last name (we don't blame you, Melissa McCarthy!). But now the two are BFF and have play dates together with their kids!
3. She went through a goth phase as a kid, when she used to wear turtlenecks as pants...
4. McCarthy was the voice of DNAmy from Kim Possible.
5. When she first started out as a comedian in LA, she joined the improv comedy group The Groundlings, which is where she met her Bridesmaids castmates Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph and Wendi McClendon-Covey.
6. Speaking of bridesmaids, when McCarthy married Ben Falcone, she only had two female bridesmaids and the rest were dudes.
7. You might recognize Ben from his cameo in Bridesmaids as the air marshall.
8. Melissa and Ben both agree that their kids will never, ever see that erotic sandwich scene from after the end credits.
9. She did a short film called "god" where she played a character named Margaret that talked to God on the phone.