There's no doubt about it — Shadowhunters is one of the most successful TV series around at the moment and it's easy to see why.
A gem at the heart of the Young Adult genre, the American fantasy based on The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare features an incredible cast and a supernatural storyline like no other. Yet while we may have dissected everything there is to know about the plot, how much do we actually know about the beautiful faces bringing Shadowhunters to life?
Familiarize yourself with these 11 facts about the cast that you (probably) did not know:
1. The entire cast has read The Mortal Instruments in full
All in preparation for their roles of course!
2. Matthew Daddario originally auditioned for a completely different role
Turning up to the casting, Matthew was actually going for the character of Jace. Yet, when author Cassandra Clare saw him, she promptly told the casting directors that he would make a superb Alec. And so it was!
3. Alyssa Veniece also appears in the movie adaptation
She plays the werewolf Janice and can also be seen in The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones.
4. Katherine McNamara is one smart cookie
The leading lady graduated from high school at 14-years-old and then college at 17-years-old. Oh and back then, she actually had blonde hair!
5. Emeraude Toubia's favorite holiday is Valentine's Day
6. Dominic Sherwood and Katherine McNamara share identical tattoos
They got inked following the wrap-up of season 1 with identical angelic rune designs.
7. Isaiah Mustafa is The Old Spice commercial guy
Awesome or what?
8. Matthew Daddario has a pet rabbit
9. Katherine McNarama and Harry Shum Jr. both appeared in Glee
Katherine was given the part of the riveting character Bunhead #1 and Harry was Mike Chang.
10. Dominic Sherwood stars in a Taylor Swift music video
Yep, that's indeed him with the James Dean daydream look.
11. David Castro started his acting career when he was just 5-years-old
Here he is in the Little Fugitive and yes, that is Game of Thrones star Peter Dinklage.