Finding Dory has been in theaters for over a week now and in its opening week it has grossed approximately $264 million. So, here are six fun facts about the brand new Pixar movie:
1. Alexander Gould (who voiced Nemo in the first film) made a cameo in this film
The voice of Nemo in Finding Nemo, Alexander Gould, did not voice Nemo in Finding Dory, as he is 22 years old now and his voice is deeper. However, not everyone knows that he actually DID return in Finding Dory. He was the voice of Passenger Carl in the truck scene.
2. The setting of the film was originally going to be an aquatic park
Pixar was initially going to set this film in an aquatic park, but they changed it to a Marine Biology Institute after watching the 2013 documentary Blackfish.
3. Hank only has seven tentacles because Pixar couldn't fit eight tentacles on his body
His missing limb is explained in his backstory. I might not remember this correctly, but I think he lost the limb trying to get out, therefore making him a "septopus."
4. Bill Hader and Kate McKinnon make cameos in the film
Bill Hader and Kate McKinnon, who you might know from Saturday Night Live, have a small appearance in the film. They are the fish couple that stumble upon Dory at the beginning of this trailer.
5. The 'Tank Gang' from Finding Nemo makes an appearance in a post-credits scene
In the scene, they have floated to the Marine Institute and all their plastic bags are covered with algae (except for Jacques's, the shrimp addicted to cleaning).