Last Updated: 27 October 2016
It seems like absolutely everyone is pregnant in 2016. Whether it's on your own Facebook wall or in the star-studded world of celebs, the poor stork seems to be in danger of working itself into an early grave delivering all these bundles of joy.
Below are just some of the celebrity sprogs-to-be who are due to be born over the course of the year, but which new arrival are you most excited about?
- Who's The Daddy? Russell Wilson, the devout quarterback who insisted the couple remained abstinent until they married.
- When Is It Due? There is no news on the due date.
- Is It Their First Child? Ciara already has a 2-year-old child with her ex, the rapper Future, but this will be their first child together and Wilson is a first time father.
How Did They Announce The Big News? Ciara shared her joy with the world with the following Instagram image and a touching caption that read:
"On this special Birthday I received an abundance of love from friends and family…and I’m excited to Finally share one of the Greatest Gifts of All that God could give…."
2. Amber Tamblyn
- Who's The Daddy? David Cross, best know for his role as the hilarious Tobias Fünke in the sitcom Arrested Development.
- When Is It Due? The due date is still Unknown.
- Is It Their First Child? Yes, this is their first baby.
How Did They Announce The Big News? Tamblyn announced the news in a serious essay about sexual assault in Glamour magazine, she wrote:
“I’ve been thinking about motherhood a lot lately. What it means to be one, what it means to have one, what it means to know one, what it means to make decisions as one and have conversations as one… Motherhood has been heavily on my mind because I am going to be a mother soon. I’m pregnant, with a daughter on the way. I think constantly about the world I am bringing her into.”
3. Christina Arquette
- Who's The Daddy? David Arquette will be the proud father.
- When Is It Due? The couple have made no announcement of when to expect the new arrival.
- Is It Their First Child? No, David and Christina already have a two-year-old son named Charlie together. David also has a 12-year-old daughter named Coco with his ex-wife Courtney Cox.
How Did They Announce The Big News? David Arquette let their truly squishable two-year-old son do the talking in this adorable announcement video:
4. Geri Halliwell
- Who's The Daddy? The father to Geri's second child is Christian Horner, the UK Formula One Boss.
- When Is It Due? Neither Geri or Christian have announced when the baby is due.
- Is It Their First Child? No, Geri has a seven-year-old daughter named Bluebell from a previous relationship and Christian is also a father to a daughter named Olivia.
How Did They Announce The Big News? Geri announced she would be a mother for the second time with this adorable post on Instagram:
5. Marion Cotillard
- Who's The Daddy? Fellow French actor Guillaume Canet is the father of the baby-to-be.
- When Is It Due? There's no news of the due date just yet.
- Is It Their First Child? No, they have a son together named Marcel who was born in 2011.
How Did They Announce The Big News? Cottilard announced her baby news with the following statement:
"Firstly, many years ago, I met the man of my life, father of our son and of the baby we are expecting. He is my love, my best friend, the only one that I need"
Sadly, the joyful news was marred by rumors that she had helped cause the Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie split, but these remain entirely unfounded.
6. Tori Spelling
- Who's The Daddy? Tori's second husband Dean McDermott is the father to the brand new baby-to-be.
- When Is It Due? It's believed the baby is due around February 2016
- Is It Their First Child? No, this will be Tori and Dean's fifth child together. Dean also has an 18-year-old son named Jack from a previous relationship.
How Did They Announce The Big News? Tori announced her latest pregnancy via Instagram and People Magazine, why break with tradition, eh?
7. Janet Jackson
- Who's The Daddy? The father of Jackson's unborn child is Wissam Al Mana, Janet's third husband who is a business man who runs an impressive 55 companies around the world.
- When Is It Due? Neither Janet nor Wissam have made any announcements about when to expect the birth of their baby.
- Is It Their First Child? Yes, both Janet and Wissam are first time parents
How Did They Announce The Big News? Janet never explicitly announced she was pregnant, although she did cancel her tour to focus on building a family with a cryptic Facebook message. Click HERE to view the video.
Many so-called fans doubted that Jackson was with child due to her age (the singer is 50-years-old) and assumed that she would be using a surrogate, but new pictures seem to suggest otherwise.
UPDATE: Jackson has confirmed her pregnancy with the photoshoot below and the simple statement that:
"We thank God for our blessing"
8. Clémence Poésy
- Who's The Daddy? The Harry Potter alumi who dazzled us as the alluring witch Fleur Delacour is expecting a baby with her fiancé Emeric Glayse, although recently it has been rumored that the pair have split.
- When Is It Due? Poésy is notoriously private about her personal life and, understandably, she hasn't released a due date for her baby.
- Is It Their First Child? Yes.
How Did They Announce The Big News? Clémence Poésy hasn't actually announced the news of her pregnancy, but instead turned up to support her friend Daniel Radcliffe at the Deauville American Film Festival sporting a tell-tale bump
9. Paloma Faith
- Who's The Daddy? Paloma is expecting her first baby with her boyfriend Leyman Lahcine
- When Is It Due? Faith has given no indication of when her baby is due.
- Is It Their First Child? Yes.
How Did They Announce The Big News? British singer Paloma Faith revealed she was expecting with the following touching statement about her upcoming motherhood:
10. Natalie Portman
- Who's The Daddy? Benjamin Millepied, a choreographer who worked with Portman on Black Swan before they fell in love.
- When Is It Due? Neither parent-to-be has released any word about when to expect the new arrival.
- Is It Their First Child? No, Natalie and Benjamin already have an 5-year-old son named Aleph.
How Did They Announce The Big News? Portman hasn't actually announced her pregnancy, but the dress she wore to the premiere of her new movie, Planetarium, made it pretty obvious.
11. Danneel Harris Ackles
- Who's The Daddy? Supernatural's Jensen Ackles is the proud soon-to-be father of twins!
- When Is It Due? The Twins are reportedly due "sometime before 2017," but that's all we know.
Is It Their First Child? No, Jensen and Danneel already have a 3-year-old daughter named Justice Jay “JJ” Ackles.
How Did They Announce The Big News? The happy couple uploaded the following post on Instagram to show they were expecting double the trouble:
12. Blac Chyna
- Who's The Daddy? Rob Kardashian
- When Is It Due? The baby is reportedly due sometime in November.
- Is It Their First Child? The new baby will be Blac Chyna and Rob's first baby together as a couple, but Chyna already has a 3-year-old son named King Cairo Stevenson with her ex, Tyga.
How Did They Announce The Big News? In typical Kardashian style, the pair announced their big news with an emoji.
13. Teresa Palmer
- Who's The Daddy? Mark Webber, an actor who you might recognize from Scott Pilgrim vs. the World and Jessabelle.
- When Is It Due? The new baby is due in November.
- Is It Their First Child? No, the new baby will be a little sibling to son Bodhi, 2, and Mark's son Isaac, 7, from a previous relationship.
How Did They Announce The Big News? Palmer announced her pregnancy via Instagram with the following self explanatory post:
14. Blake Lively
- Who's The Daddy? Ryan Reynolds, duh!
- When Is It Due? The parents haven't announced a due date for the new baby, and fans shouldn't hold their breath either. Blake and Ryan kept their daughter's birth a secret for as long as possible, despite the efforts of a so-called friend.
- Is It Their First Child? No, the new arrival will be a little sibling to the couple's 18-month-old daughter, James.
How Did They Announce The Big News? A sneaky little source actually announced the pregnancy news back in April, and the rest was kind of self-explanatory.
15. Mila Kunis
- Who's The Daddy? Ashton Kutcher
- When Is It Due? The parents haven't given any indication of the due date of their second child.
- Is It Their First Child? No, the baby will be joining 21-month-old big sister-to-be Wyatt
How Did They Announce The Big News? The pair announced the news via a rep to People magazine by simply stating that yes, Mila is pregnant.
16. Danielle Jonas
- Who's The Daddy? Kevin Jonas
- When Is It Due? The baby is believed to be due in late November or early December.
Is It Their First Child? No, the couple already have a 2-year-old daughter named Alena.
How Did They Announce The Big News? The adorable pair made their announcement on Instagram with the cute post below:
17. Katherine Heigl
- Who's The Daddy? Josh Kelley
- When Is It Due? The new baby is due in January, 2017.
Is It Their First Child? No, the pair already have two adopted children, Naleigh, 7, and Adalaide, 4. This will be their first biological child though.
How Did They Announce The Big News? Heigl announced her pregnancy like all of your high school friends, on Facebook, with a classic sonogram!
Do you think 2016 is a bumper year for new babies?