The relationship between Rihanna and Drake has been an emotional roller coaster this week. When Drake presented Rihanna the the Michael Jackson Vanguard Award at the VMAs this past weekend, he wore his open, bleeding heart on his sleeve.
After Drake professed his longtime love to his "Work" collaborator, he stepped away looking as if he was on the unfortunate end of an unrequited love affair. His subsequent attempt at a smooch quickly turned into the head swerve felt around the world upon Rihanna's denial of said kiss.
Despite this minor setback, the power friendship of Rihanna and Drake has seemingly only grown stronger as the two stars became cozier in the last few days.
After facing rejection on national television, Drake appears to have gotten a kiss from Rihanna last night. After she joined his Summer Sixteen Tour in Miami to perform "Bitch Better Have My Money" and "Work," the two artists briefly locked lips.
There's no doubt that Rihanna and Drake have always been close. Over the course of their decade-long friendship, they've worked together, performed together and supported one another. But Rihanna furthered speculation of their relationship's potential romantic nature this afternoon after receiving what looks to be a tattoo in his honor.
Fans connected the dots and noted that Riri's latest piece, done by Bang Bang tattoo shop in New York, appears to be of the stuffed camouflage shark that Drake bought her.
The musical duo's camo shark made his first appearance when Drake posted the image on the left to his Instagram This small photo tipped the keen-eyed Drake and Rihanna fans off, which led to the significant finding.
Romantic or not, their long working and personal relationship already tells me that Rihanna thought long and hard prior to immortalizing their friendship on her body. But anything can happen.
Check out these seven other some celebrities who got inked for their significant others!
Kaley Cuoco and Ryan Sweeting
- What is it? Their wedding date in roman numerals
- Where is it? Kaley's back
- Relationship status: Divorced May 2016
- Tattoo status: Covered up with a moth to symbolize change and new life.
Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green
- What is it? Each other's names
- Where is it? Megan's is on her pelvic area and Austin's is over his heart
- Relationship status: Married since 2010
- Tattoo status: Despite their somewhat tumultuous relationship status in recent years, their marriage and tattoos remain intact.
David and Victoria Beckham
- What is it? Victoria's name and David's initials
- Where is it? The top of his right hand and her right wrist
- Relationship status: Married since 1999
- Tattoo status: Intact, though Victoria's is slightly more faded.
Want to keep up with all the hot celeb news? Check out these related titles:
- Rescue Dogs Who Found Homes With Celebrities: From The Pound To The Penthouse
- 'F*ck The Police:' Chris Brown Posts Raging Outburst Before Being Arrested For Assault
- 23 Celebrity Diets That Probably Actually Work But Are Too Crazy To Try
Marco Perego and Zoe Saldana
- What is it? A portrait of Zoe
- Where is it? His left forearm
- Relationship status: Married since 2013
- Tattoo status: Intact and absolutely stunning.
Johnny Depp and Winona Ryder
- What is it? The words "Winona Forever"
- Where is it? Right upper arm
- Relationship status: Split in 1993
- Tattoo status: Very famously changed to read "Wino Forever." Because, you know, Johnny loves wine. It makes sense, okay?!
Angelina Jolie and Billy Bob Thorton
- What is it? A dragon with his name, Billy Bob, above it
- Where is it? Upper left arm
- Relationship status: Divorced May 2003
- Tattoo status: Removed and covered with the coordinates of the birth places of Brad Pitt and their six children.
Jenna Dewan-Tatum and Channing Tatum
- What is it? Matching tattoos that say "Side by side"
- Where is it? Her left foot and his left ribcage
- Relationship status: Married since 2009
- Tattoo status: Intact, just like their perfect beautiful marriage.
I guess we'll have to keep up with Rihanna and Drake to see how this confusing friendship/love affair develops further. Hopefully they will confirm their relationship status before Drake responds with a Riri tattoo of his own, because I can't stand the suspense.
Do Jay and Bey have some competition for the musical power couple crown?
Do you think Rihanna and Drake are in a romantic relationship?