Undoubtedly, the third season of the CW's hit The Flash is the most anticipated of the series yet. With the tackling of the iconic Flashpoint arc to the return of Gorilla Grodd, there is so much to look forward to. But amidst all the metahuman madness, there is going to be a vast amount of new faces, mixing it up in Central City. From parental figures to forces of evil, let's meet the new cast members on The Flash Season 3.
Tom Felton — Julian Dorn
Tom Felton made headlines recently when it was announced that he would be joining The Flash as a series regular playing a character named Julian Dorn. Felton is instantly recognizable to most as Draco Malfoy from the Harry Potter franchise — a role which he portrayed for a decade.
- Past Projects: The Harry Potter franchise, Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes, In Secret.
- What We Know: Dorn is a fellow CSI of the Central City Police Department and is described as "Barry's slightly older... geekier contemporary, a guy who is as smart as he is intuitive." He won't buy Barry’s nice guy routine and will set out to learn what he's hiding. But like everyone on the show, he will be concealing some secrets of his own. Julian will also be a part of the Flashpoint timeline.
- Why He's Perfect: Felton is obviously a fantastic choice for the series because of his Harry Potter ties. Harry Potter meets The Flash is like a perfect pop-culture marriage and everyone, including the show's characters, love Harry Potter. Furthermore, from what we know, it seems Julian Dorn will have quite the attitude — something Felton is notorious for, thanks to his role as Malfoy.
Todd Lasance — The Rival
Todd Lasance was recently spotted on set of The Flash, wearing a dark speedster outfit. It was then announced that he would be portraying the Rival — the evil speedster of the Flashpoint timeline.
- Past Projects: Home & Away, Underbelly, Cloudstreet, The Vampire Diaries.
- What We Know: Apart from the fact that he will be terrorizing Central City and dueling with Kid Flash in the Flashpoint timeline, we don't know a lot about the CW's version of the character yet. However, in the comics the Rival was a nemesis of Jay Garrick and was even considered the Golden Age's Reverse-Flash.
- Why He's Perfect: Lasance isn't just a great actor, he knows how to play arrogant characters — Aidan knew exactly how good he was in Home & Away — so that, and his brush with science fiction in The Vampire Diaries, certainly points to him bringing great things to the table as the villainous speedster .
Grey Damon — Mirror Master
Grey Damon will be joining the show as the iconic comic book villain Mirror Master. Damon has had an incredibly successful young career and will definitely be a great addition to the cast.
- Past Projects: Friday Night Lights, The Nine Lives Of Chloe King, The Secret Circle, Star-Crossed. Currently starring on Aquarius.
- What We Know: Sam Scudder is described as being "A master thief with supermodel looks and an ego the size of the Grand Canyon" who has returned to Central City seeking fortune and revenge after a three year absence. One of the most iconic Flash villains of all time, he will make his first appearance in the fourth episode of the season and is expected to recur throughout. Expect mirrors, and lots of them.
- Why He's Perfect: Damon may portray the hero on Aquarius but he is also renowned for getting in touch with his dark side, seen through his role as Lee on The Secret Circle and his guest appearance in American Horror Story: Coven. Having seen both of these, I have no doubt that he is the perfect choice for the villainous Mirror Master.
- Mirror Master Is Coming To The Flash Season 3 — But How?
- What The Arrival Of Caitlin Snow's Mom Means For The Flash Season 3
- The Flash Season 3 Needed More Female Villains And We Just Got One
Ashley Rickards — The Top
Ashley Rickards will be appearing on the show as Rosa Dillon — a female version of the iconic Flash villain The Top.
- Past Projects: One Tree Hill, Awkward, Fly Away, Struck By Lightning. You may also recognize her from The Fray's "How To Save A Life" music video.
- What We Know: There have been several words used to describe Rosa Dillon. Among them are "unpredictable," "mentally unstable" and "vexing." She has a history of violence and is known to turn people’s worlds upside down. Furthermore, we know that she will appear in the fourth episode, alongside Mirror Master as the "Bonnie to his Clyde" and has been called "one of the most dangerous members of the gallery of Rogues."
- Why She's Perfect: As this will be the first time we will see a female version of the comic book villain, Rickards was an excellent choice for the role. She has shown off her versatility as an actress in her film performances, including her role as Mandy — a severely autistic girl — in the acclaimed Fly Away and as goth Vicki Jordan in Chris Colfer's Struck By Lightning and will undoubtedly excel here.
Susan Walters — Dr. Carla Tannhauser
Susan Walters will be joining the cast for at least one episode to portray Caitlin Snow's mother Dr. Carla Tannhauser. With a career in film and TV spanning four decades, Walters is a veteran of film and television and will undoubtedly be a joy to watch on The Flash.
- Past Projects: Loving, The Young and the Restless, The Big Easy, Dear John, Point Pleasant, The Vampire Diaries, Teen Wolf, How To Get Away With Murder.
- What We Know: While we don't know that much about her character yet, we do know that Dr. Carla Tannhauser is a world class biomedical engineer and CEO of a major research company. We also know that Caitlin and her mother don't have a good relationship, as revealed in Season 2 when she opened up her Earth-2 doppelganger Killer Frost. Tannhauser is reportedly guest starring in "Monster" — the fifth episode of Season 3 — with the potential to recur throughout.
- Why She's Perfect: A veteran actress, Walters is no stranger to playing the motherly role on a science fiction show — having previously portrayed Tyler Lockwood's mother Carol on The Vampire Diaries and Lydia's mother Natalie on Teen Wolf — and thus is the perfect choice to play Caitlin's mother on The Flash.
Joey King — Magenta
Joey King will be appearing on The Flash as the comic book villain Frances Kane/Magenta. A veteran child actress with a lengthy portfolio, you've probably seen King pop up in some of your favorite films or TV shows.
- Past Projects: Medium, Ramona and Beezus, Ghost Whisperer, The Dark Knight Rises, Oz the Great and Powerful, New Girl, The Conjuring, Fargo.
- What We Know: We know that Frances "Frankie" Kane is a metahuman with the ability to control metal but her powers come with a dangerous side-effect, causing her villainous alter-ego Magenta to emerge. She will make her first appearance in the third episode of the season.
- Why She's Perfect: King is no stranger to comic book roles, having portrayed a young Talia Al Guhl in The Dark Knight Rises. She also has an incredible resume for someone so young, so expect her to stun when Magenta shows up in Central City.
With an incredibly exciting season ahead of us, it looks like we are about to welcome a hoard of brand new faces to The Flash. Whether they are network newcomers or CW veterans, the new characters will definitely add an exciting new element to the show. With new characters comes new storylines and as we have seen so many times before, The Flash never fails at making us fall in love with a character. Expect to see these new faces make an impact when they arrive in a very crowded Central City.
Check out the new trailer for The Flash Season 3:
Are you excited to see the new cast members in action? Which one are you looking forward to seeing the most? Let us know in the comments!