Pretty soon you'll be able to take in the intergalactic love story of Jim Preston and Aurora Lane from the comfort of your very own home(stead II). #SonyPictures' Passengers is now available on digital and will be available on DVD and Blu-ray from March 14, which means now's the perfect time to start planning your Passengers viewing party! Jim might have had to be alone for an entire year, but that doesn't mean you have to be.
Invite 5,000 (or just a few) of your closest friends and dazzle them with space-themed cocktails, J-Law-approved snacks, and a drinking game that might just slip them into a coma for the next 80 years. We've got the perfect viewing party all planned out for you, so just climb back into your hibernation pod and we'll take care of the rest.
Oh, no! You're still awake? Sorry, the ship must have malfunctioned. Well, since you're up, let's get this party started.
The Passengers Drinking Game
Welcome aboard the Homestead II! Crack open a cold beer and enjoy your journey. Be sure to follow the steps below to ensure optimal alcohol intake.
Rules For Regular Passengers:
Throughout the movie, take a sip every time:
- Someone says the word "ship."
- Jim drinks.
- You notice the ship malfunctioning.
Special Rules For Gold Star Passengers:
- Aurora wakes ups and lets Jim use her ID to get better food. Make yourself a cocktail.
- The Homestead Company made $4 quadrillion? Take four drinks.
- Jim and Aurora finally do it! Give them some privacy. Clink glasses with the person next to you and drink.
- Uh-oh! The gravity mechanism broke just as Aurora jumped in the pool! Finish your drink.
- R.I.P., Gus. Pour one out for the man.
- Morning, sleepyheads! Took you long enough. Finish your drink again.
- 'Passengers' Director Explains Major 'The Shining' Influence
- If You Loved 'Passengers,' Check Out These Sci-Fi Movies
- Don't Hypersleep Or You'll Miss Every Easter Egg & Movie Reference In The Sci-Fi Movie 'Passengers'
Mix Up An Intergalactic Cocktail
While Passengers never reveals the exact time period it's set in, we know it's far in the future. The starship Avalon is a premier luxury cruiser, after all, and spares no expense in providing its passengers with the best — not counting that pesky malfunctioning hibernation pod. Show your guests the same courtesy by mixing up one of these out-of-this-world cocktails.
- 2 oz vodka
- 2 1/2 oz apple juice
- 1 oz Blue Curaçao
- 1/2 oz green banana syrup
- 1 oz triple sec
Serve on the rocks in a short tumbler glass.
The Buzz Aldrin
- 4 oz vodka
- 2 tbs Tang
- Orange slice
- Tang for garnish
Run an orange slice around the edge of a cocktail glass, then dip the edge of the glass in a plate of Tang. Mix the rest of the ingredients in a shaker and strain into the glass.
The Summer Meteor
- 1/2 oz blackberry syrup
- 1 oz gin
- 1/2 oz peach schnapps
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- 3 oz lemonade
- Melon liquor
Build this drink over ice in a tall glass, toss in a handful of blackberry meteors for garnish.
[Source: Tipsy Bartender]
Whip Up A Menu To Make Jennifer Lawrence Proud
The best way to pay homage to the wonder that is Jennifer Lawrence? Eat like her! Everyone knows J-Law loves carbs, so don't hold back. Upgrade all your guests to Gold Star status by letting them stuff their faces with J-Law's most talked about foods.
- Ice cream
- Slim Jims
If you're intent on sticking with the space theme, here are a few extraterrestrial treats you should be sure to have on hand:
- Star fruit
- Mars bars
- Pop Rocks
- Freeze-dried ice cream
- Space cakes (if you can get 'em ;-))
Alright, now that you've got the basics covered, all you need is your very own copy of Passengers and you're good to go!
What else would you add to create the ultimate Passengers party?