In The Martian, Matt Damon's character has to withstand the harsh environment of the Red Planet using nothing but his wits and ingenuity, but which terrain were you born to conquer?
Which of these things do you find the most hostile?
- Venemous creatures
- Surging crowds
- Claustrophobic spaces
- Icy cold
- Extreme heat
How do you feel about extreme isolation?
- I can cope with anything in short bursts, but it would be too much for me in the long haul
- I'm a team player, I like to have others around me
- I prefer to travel in at least pairs
- I'd be okay as long as there were other living things around
- I actually enjoy it
Would you prefer extreme adrenalin or extreme endurance?
- If I'm going to do something, I do it properly. I want them both to the extreme!
- I can cope with both, but I'd rather endure a long slog than be constantly terrified
- Adrenalin all the way
- I'm a marathon runner, not a sprinter
- I don't mind, as long as I get to discover a wealth of new things
What is the most rancid thing that you would consider eating?
- A spider
- I'd rather starve, thanks
- A boiled camel head
- Rotting blubber
- A Witchetty grub
Do you feel comfortable relying on other people for your safety?
- Maybe one close friend
- Only if I can be sure they are absolute experts
- Yes, there is safety in numbers
- It depends on the circumstances, we all rely on each other at times.
- In an abstract sense, but I prefer to feel like I'm totally in charge of my own well being
What are you primarily seeking on your adventure?
- I want to experience a rare beauty that is hidden to almost everyone else on the planet
- To discover a new species and observe wildlife in the wild
- I want to test my limits
- The ultimate discovery that nobody has experienced before
- To learn how other people survive in harsh conditions
Which physical activity are you strongest at?
- Weight training
What are your thoughts on wild animals?
- A welcome sight on an epic journey
- They are my driving force in exploration
- Dangerous, but beautiful
- The weirder, the better!
- They aren't really of interest to me
What was your favorite subject at school?
Which of the following would you consider the greatest discovery?
- The missing link
- A way to reverse the damage of pollution
- Alien life
- A language that was thought to be extinct still being spoken today
- An undiscovered civilisation underground