This is a little quiz to test your knowledge of 16th-17th century Europe!
What did the term Reformation mean during the 16th century?
- Where the people revolted against Indulgences (payments that would reduce a person's punishment in purgatory) that later contributed to religious and church reform.
- The secular movement that caused that caused a peasant revolt in England and later formed the Protestant Reformation!
- The sixteenth-century religious movement that sought to revive the Roman Catholic Church and led to the establishment of Protestantism.
- A Catholic movement to try and remove the French monarch from English throne!
What was nailed on the door of the Catholic church on Oct. 31, 1517 and who nailed it?
- The Conciliar Movement, Peter Paul Rubens
- 95 Theses, Martin Luther
- Indulgence price raise, Johann Eck
What society did the Jesuits claim to be and who was their founder?
- The Society of Jesuits, Council of Trent
- The Society of Jesists, Council of Trent
- The Society of Jesus, Ignatius Loyola
- The Society of Troupe, Ignatius Loyola